Saturday, September 1, 2007

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes...well who said it had to be in order anyway?!?



So after a crazy week of arguing with the person I've been in love with for the past 3 yrs (also known as my baby's daddy when I'm mad) & as soon as things start to settle down, he does the unimaginable, the unpredictable, the most erratic thing ever...He...PROPOSED...well sort of. So after a long day of work & running errands, we (well he did...I hadn't taken a nap...I was exhausted!) came home to cook. So it's around 11:00 p.m. before we started eating & as I'm really starting to enjoy it, he says "Can you get me something to drink" so as usual I say no. So he simply says "o.k. I'll remember that" now taking into account my current situation & the state I'll be in, in a few months I decided it would be my best bet to get it. Now you have to realize that he's not a traditional guy & still lives by the caveman creed, so taking all of this into account I brought him the entire container of juice. Now don't be appalled or shocked the guy doesn't use cups, he will drink straight from the container so this wasn't a weird move on my part. But then all of a sudden he says "I want a cup" & I'm thinking o.k. now he just wants to be difficult. So I tell him he NEVER drinks out of cups (oh yeah if you come to visit you may want to bring your own beverages of your choice...just a thought) & he simply says "I want one today". So to avoid an argument I open the cabinet & get a cup, and right there before my very eyes, sitting next to our cheap plastic cups is a RING (the most beautiful ring & I couldn't have done better myself...well that may be taking it too far but you get the point). So I can't speak for about 5 seconds (that's a long time for me) & then I say "is this for real, am I being punk'd"? And as I'm freaking out & wondering what sick twisted joke he's pulling now, he just sits there watching t.v. & fixing a frame. You would've thought this was something he did everyday for 3 yrs!! At this point I'm just confused & asking a million questions a minute. But of course, he's still just hammering away at his frame & looking as if he was wondering what was on Sports Center. He said he wanted to get married & we were having a child so there's not time like the present, go figure! So it wasn't a traditional proposal, but it was definitely unique & caught me off guard & that's all he wanted (clearly). So not only am I recently engaged, I'm also living proof that birth control is only 99% effective...Life is crazy!

No comments: